Milady is dedicated to support beauty schools and students through this challenging time. Please bookmark this page for the most current status.
Existing MindTap Schools:
- If you need distance learning accreditation reports for student hours within MindTap, request scheduled reports (may take up to 2 weeks to setup, but all hours from the beginning of the course will be included)
- Register for a live webinar or review MindTap training materials (including MindTap correlation guides at the bottom of the page)
- Let us know if we can offer any additional assistance by contacting your account manager or emailing [email protected]
New MindTap Schools:
If you submitted your request for an instructor account and student access codes more than 48 hours ago, you should have heard from us by now (note: if your account wasn’t active in any of our systems, it will take longer than 48 hours to setup). If you’re a career college that offers programs outside of beauty/barbering, please reach out to your rep, as below information does not apply to you. Find your rep here.
Please review the following materials and expanded support as you get comfortable with distance learning using MindTap:
- View self-service MindTap Training videos (two new distance learning videos added)
- Register for a live webinar: see the schedule
- If you have an issue that is not addressed in one of the training videos or during a live webinar, please email [email protected] (please include school name, address, instructor names and email addresses)
- If you need distance learning accreditation reports for student hours within MindTap, request scheduled reports (may take up to 2 weeks to setup, but all hours will be included)
- If you’d like to add additional Cengage instructor accounts, please have them self-register at login.cengage.com (click on Create an Account→Faculty). They should find and select your school during the account creation process. IMPORTANT: One self-registered, please look for an email from [email protected] to activate your account (make sure to check your Spam folder). It may take 24-72 hours to receive.
April 2, 2020: New Students and Milady MindTap Access
Thank you for trusting Milady to help you onboard your students to MindTap digital learning platform as a response to the COVID-19 crisis. The circumstances were less than ideal and the process that typically takes months of planning had to be done in less than two weeks. Despite that, you and your colleagues in the beauty/wellness education industry managed to get more than 80,000 students set up and learning with MindTap. That’s amazing!
As you continue to familiarize yourself with MindTap functionality, we hope you’ll engage with our video training to make the most of your students’ learning experience. Additionally, please encourage your instructors to join the Milady Instructors and Milady MindTap Facebook groups to share best practices with other instructors (they must answer qualifying questions to be accepted).
We are proud to have worked with AACS, who engaged with the Department of Education to obtain leniency for clock-hour programs to use distance learning AND to allow you to enroll new students while you’re teaching online during this extraordinary time. Additionally, we’re proud that MindTap tracks your students’ active time as well as assessment grades to aid with compliance (if you haven’t already, please request our reports here).
As indicated in my communication on March 13 (see below), and since most of you had already purchased print products for your students, complimentary MindTap access codes were given to your EXISTING students to keep them engaged and learning through the COVID-19-related school closure. As you enroll new students, you should reach out to your Milady Account Manager to purchase additional access codes. Any complimentary MindTap access code, if not activated by a student by April 13, will be deactivated.
Milady is dedicated to your and your students’ success. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for assistance as you navigate these new waters of online education.
VP and General Manager, Milady
April 1, 2020: Students say their MindTap access is ending?
Please be assured that the MindTap access codes, WHEN REDEEMED by students, will provide full MindTap access at least through the length of your school closure.
If your students see a message indicating their MindTap access is ending soon or the trial has ended, it means they have not redeemed a unique MindTap access code you assigned to them.
Please follow the steps outlined in this PDF to ensure their access continues beyond the standard two-week MindTap trial.
March 27, 2020: Our distribution center
As COVID-19 continues to impact our lives, schools, and communities, Milady and our parent company, Cengage, are monitoring local governments’ guidance to do our share in helping contain spread of the virus.
In addition to having all office personnel in the U.S. and international offices work remotely as of 2 weeks ago (or earlier), today we’re communicating that per the local stay at home order we have suspended normal activities at our distribution center in Kentucky, effective 8PM on March 26th.
While we will continue to fulfill orders, we are now working with a reduced staff and processing times will likely be delayed. If you’re placing an order, please allow extra time for delivery and ensure that somebody is present to accept a shipment.
This situation is fluid and may change. We will do our best to provide timely updates.
P.S. Thank you for your continued trust in Milady. Please continue to check this page for the latest updates and join lively discussions on Milady Instructors Facebook Group (you must answer all qualifying questions to join).
March 13, 2020: Milady support during COVID-19 pandemic
The current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is causing both health concerns and disruption in business continuity and Milady is dedicated to support all beauty schools and students through this challenging time.
If your school is closed due to local/state/federal guidance, Milady is offering complimentary access to MindTap, our digital learning platform, for students currently enrolled in ANY U.S.-based beauty/wellness program.
The Milady Team is currently working to offer essential on-demand training to help you get up and running so that there’s limited interruption to your operations.
IMPORTANT: You should reach out to your state regulatory agency to ensure distance learning is permitted AND work with your accrediting agency BEFORE you begin delivering your curriculum remotely.
Beauty school representatives may request complementary MindTap access by filling out this form. We will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
VP and General Manager, Milady