Academic Development Manager, Milady
Lisha is responsible for developing and delivering the Master Educator Instructor Training program, Master Educator Online Instructor series, Milady’s Academic Blog, and supporting schools with curriculum development and product knowledge. She is a licensed cosmetologist, barber, and instructor, and is committed to improving the quality of cosmetology education.
She received a Bachelor’s of Science in Communications from Eastern New Mexico University, and her Cosmetology, Barber, and Student Instructor training at Olympian University of Cosmetology.
Lisha’s thorough understanding of the cosmetology school industry comes from over 25 years of hands-on experience serving in various roles, including Instructor, Director of Education, Admissions, Financial Aid, Accreditation, and School Administrator for multiple private cosmetology schools.
Barnes has served as:
- NACCAS Commissioner
- Cosmetology Educators of America Committee Member
- AACS Accreditation Committee Chair
- SkillsUSA Cosmetology Co-Chair
- California State Board of Cosmetology School Advisory Committee and Curriculum Advisory Committee Member
Lisha has worked on numerous writing projects for Milady and various industry publications. She has presented multiple Continuing Education–approved courses to thousands of educators throughout her career via school trainings, state association events, and national conferences such as CEA and AACS. This industry experience allows her to see the industry from a variety of viewpoints, which helps in sharing information and ideas with educators all around the world.
What others are saying:
- “Lisha is such a terrific educator!! Every class that I’ve ever had with Lisha has been so inspiring and motivating and information packed!!!”
- “A+++, best educator in the country!!”
- “Excellent class with a lot of takeaways.”
- “Wonderful and energetic! You really did what you were teaching! Loved it!”
- “Lisha did a phenomenal job presenting the material to us.”
- “Loved her enthusiasm, honesty, and examples.”
- “Lisha was very engaging and handled our large group very well.”
- “Lisha = amazing! Insightful and knowledgeable.”